With this visa you can

As a business visitor, you can:
You can’t:
If you want to do short-term work in Australia that isn’t a business visitor activity, consider applying for a temporary work visa.

APEC Business Travel Card holders

You might not need to apply for a visa to travel to Australia if you hold an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC). We consider you to have applied for a Visitor visa when you applied for the ABTC.

ABTC holders (other than New Zealanders) might be granted a Visitor (subclass 600) Business Visitor stream visa to visit Australia.  If you hold an ABTC with ‘AUS’ printed on the back, you can enter Australia for short-stay business visitor or tourism activities for as long as the ABTC is valid. The ABTC is valid for 5 years from the date we issue it.

If you apply for and are granted a separate visa, the visa associated with your ABTC will cease.

How long you can stay

This is a temporary visa. We might grant it for up to 12 months. You can enter Australia at any time while your visa is valid and stay for up to 3 months.

The length of your visa is determined case-by-case depending on:

You may not be granted the length of stay you want.

We grant the visa with either:

Stay longer

You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa. You must apply for another visa.

You can only apply for a new visa if your visa does not have a condition that prevents further stay, such as condition 8503. You might be able to request a waiver of the no further stay condition in limited circumstances.

If you want to have a further short stay or stay longer for a holiday you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream (apply in Australia).

If you want to stay longer for other reasons, you might be able to apply for a new visa that suits your circumstances.

Explore your visa options.

Include family

You can’t include family members in your application. Family members travelling with you should apply for a 600 Visitor Tourist stream visa.

Newborn child

Find out what to do if your child is born after you apply.


The visa costs AUD145 for each applicant.

To work out what your visa will cost use the Visa Pricing Estimator. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics. The estimator doesn’t take into account the other costs.

You might be able to fast-track your visa application if you hold a passport from:

Fast-tracking your application costs AUD1,000 in addition to the visa application charge.

Apply from

You must be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide your application.

Processing times

We process:

Your application may take longer to process if:

Your obligations

You must meet all visa conditions and obey Australian laws.

Health insurance

We recommend you take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia. You are personally liable for all your healthcare costs while you are in Australia. Insurance can help limit your financial liability.

See what we consider adequate health insurance.

Learn more about health insurance for overseas visitors.

Reciprocal healthcare agreements

Some countries have a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia. Find out more from Services Australia about reciprocal healthcare agreements.


If we grant your visa with multiple entries, you can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.

If we grant you a single entry visa and you leave Australia, you can’t re-enter on the visa. You must apply for another visa to come back.

Check if you have multiple or single entry in Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)  or your visa grant letter.

Visa label

We will digitally link your visa to your passport. You will not get a label in your passport.
Request A Quote X